Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Favorite Day of the Month

Today my monthly club meets! I managed to get my Bali Sea Star top done. I will have the ladies help me get a full sized photo today but here's a corner of it.


Now it's time to start thinking about the next quilt. We are doing a mystery. Three fabrics had to be selected; a focus fabric, a light background and an accent fabric. A fourth can be introduced for the border. Here's my selection.


The bears will be my border. The bottom fabric is my focus. In case you haven't figured it out yet...I'm most comfortable working with earth colors...must be why I like batiks so much. One of my son's has already claimed this quilt...no pressure. 

Hopefully I can talk the ladies in the club to allow me to share photos of their show and tell on my blog...you know that's always the best part of any gathering of quilters. And of course there will be lots of yummy food. It really is a blissful day to look forward to every month.

Continuation of 2010 Quilts in Review

My second most favorite quilt of the year is another strip design from Scrap Basket Surprises. It's Pinwheel.


My version was made completely from my stash. The colorway is quite a departure for me and I love it!


One of the ideas I have gained from Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's quilts is to keep the border scrappy to prevent focusing on a specific fabric or color. All the mini pinwheels were made from triangles cut from the big pinwheels...absolutely no waste. I have a rainbow tie-dye backing which is very fitting and when I bought it I wondered where I would use it. (It was on sale.) 
Can't wait to share my day with you tomorrow.



No comments: