Monday, January 10, 2011

Design Wall Monday


My design wall holds the main body of a Debbie Caffrey mystery. The pattern calls for a 10" border of the theme fabric which is the green. In the past year I have rarely left a quilt with a plain border and this piece definitely feels like it needs more. 


I'd like to incorporate this bear fabric into the border. I have been playing on EQ7 to try and work some ideas out but I just haven't found anything that clicks yet. 


Try #1


Try #2


Just not any closer to what I want. I will continue to play. 
I love playing with EQ7 but it sure steals time from my days.

Tonight's the big night for my son's appearance on the TV show, 
"Alaska Wing Men - Explosive Cargo" on the National Geographic channel...can't wait!









8 comments:

Amy said...

Debbie,
This is lovely. I really like the 2nd version.

Chris said...

I love this pattern. I did mine in red white and blue and LOVE it.
http://chris-acrossthemiles.blogspot.com/2010/06/cats-meow.html

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Love your pattern and fabrics. My first thought was #3 but on second look I like #2. Enjoy watching your son tonight. What fun!

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful! I like the first design...doesn't detract from the beautiful pieced blocks.

Cathy said...

To my eye, it looks like it needs the red and cream done as 4 patches, on point in a border, to continue with the reds through the quilt. But, whatever you decide to do with it, gorgeous it will be, because it already is.

Kim Brackett said...

Hi, Debbie! I wanted to stop by and thank you for your kind words on my blog today. You really made my day! I tried to respond, but I think you're set as "no reply." I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your comments.

I love your mystery quilt. It's gorgeous. And now I'm going to have to try to catch Alaska Wing Men tonight! :-)

Gail said...

No.1 or 3. Great looking quilt.

Alycia said...

Those are beautiful borders. I like the third one best only because I want to see how you figure it out - borders are tough for me.

Hope you got to see your son!