Thursday, January 6, 2011

Making Progress



Yesterday I felt frustrated not getting to my Fun Quilter to work on the Good Tidings banner...I had to tell myself it's only January 5th...I have weeks to go in this month...and I'm sure I will finish this UFO on time. I love my Fun Quilter but working on it means having at least two free hours...it's not something I can just turn on for 30 minutes. Today I have a repairman coming so I probably won't get to it today either.


I am making progress on my Debbie Caffrey mystery. I googled the pattern name and found her website Debbie Caffrey Creative Moments where you too can check out a few of her patterns for free! This is the second mystery I've done of hers and she is so thorough. She has detailed instructions for pressing which makes it so easy to put it all together...opposing seams mean very little pinning.

  

Once again I find myself with a pile of triangle scraps. I am going to resist the urge to sew them all together and instead put them in a nice baggie where they can be found for later use...you know the price of cotton has gone up. I will make many of you feel better...I'm already paying $11.99-$12.99 per yard for Hoffman batiks here in Alaska...I can't imagine how much higher the prices will go with the rising cost of cotton. The internet is a wonderful place and I never count shipping into my fabric expenses...love those flat rate boxes.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I can't stand the thought of paying a lot for my fabric. This year I am going to try to only buy on sale and most of that is from on line stores in their clearance or sale page. There is a lot to be found there. I just got the new Connecting Threads catalog today and their prices have gone up a little also and they admit it right on the first page - raising cotton prices is the reason they state. I have a feeling over the next year or two all of the shops will be raising prices sooner rather than later.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/