Saturday, January 29, 2011

Return to Everyday Life

Wow...my poor dog really had a tough few days after his surgery. I have to contain myself or you will get all the gory details. I think he had a bad reaction to his fentanyl pain patch. It was due to come off today and he is back to his old self. Maybe it's just a coincidence but he has been sleeping all day. He barely slept the first three days home. 

I had to skip my Breakfast Club meeting on Thursday so no photos of show and tell. Plus I didn't start the new project. I plan to start it on my own and do the small version in my Christmas fabric of Carrie Nelson's  design - McGuffey. 

Today I tackled catching up on blog quilts. 


Here's block seven of the Layer Cake Quilt Along.

And I really want to do Anne Sutton's BOM this year so I got the base for the first month done.


I get to try my hand at wool applique with this project. There will be an adorable squirrel on here in the near future. The new monthly block is posted on the 5th of the month so I have a few days to meet that deadline.

I'm going to be home bound for another week and looks like I'll be able to spend a lot of it sewing. I'm trying to look on the bright side of a not so great situation. 


2 comments:

Tizzie said...

Dear Puppy:

Get well soon!

Dear Mom:

You take care, too....

HUgZ,

Tizzie

Marti said...

Poor puppy. I hope he is feeling better tomorrow. That Layer Cake block is really pretty.