Tuesday, March 1, 2011

UFO Challenge

I am so glad I joined the UFO Challenge with Judy at Patchwork Times.
Here is February's #10 UFO Competed!


"Brief Ma uka Showers" -  54x69
Translation - brief showers near the mountains - that's the frequent weather forecast on the Hawaiian Islands.
This is my Hawaii batik quilt. I bought the sunflower print at one of my favorite quilting stores...in Lihue, Kauai...Kapaia Stitchery. If you find yourself in Lihue it's east of the hospital and Wal-mart. 


Here's the pattern I used. Picked this up on a hockey team trip to Colorado Springs. The Denver area is positively packed with lots of wonderful shops. Got this at a place called Ladybug Quilts. So cute. What I loved about this shop were the number of completed quilts in new fabrics that were within hands reach. A great pattern if you can find it. I know the quilt shop is still in Colorado Springs because they have a website. I bought this when my oldest was a PeeWee player...6th grade. He is now a sophomore in college...wow...eight years ago!!!

My husband and I have so many great memories of our many trips to Hawaii...plus I lived there for 3 years...I guess I have to keep this one!

March's UFO - #1


The top is complete...just needs to be quilted...easy! Then why haven't I finished it yet? There's always a story...I'll tell it on April 1st when I share the completed project.



8 comments:

Barb in Mi said...

Beautiful Hawaii batik quilt! I agree with you: I am so glad for Judy's UFO challenge - it really gets me going and finishing up projects. And yes, there is always a story why you stopped and put it away... But much more important: another one is done! Yeah!

Happy Quilter said...

The Hawaiian quilt is beauitful. I also love the Christmas one with the nutcrackers. So much fun to see all your hard work.

Carol said...

Your quilt is gorgeous -- congratulations on another UFO completed. It sure has been great to have this challenge -- so motiving and very inspiring to see what everyone has done.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your #10 quilt...your fabrics are so delicious and the colours are so happy! Great finish!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Your #1 UFO is one I fell in love with when I first saw it. I think I might have completed 2 of the blocks. You've got the whole top done!! Can't wait to see it April 1st!

JudyCinNC said...

Love, love this quilt - everything about it - the colors - the composition - you did a wonderful job. Sure hope you post close ups of the March finish - love that also. Judy C

BetsyE said...

Love the Hawaiian quilt!! Such yummy colors. Makes we want to go back - haven't been there since I was MUCH younger!

Cathy said...

Both of those quilts are gorgeous. I love all the greens, and the blue, and it does bring to mind the tropics, and oceans, and rain forests. That's quite the contrast, going from living in Hawaii, near the equator, to living in Alaska, closer to the arctic circle. That too must be an interesting story.