Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday Tour

I'm working through my tension issues on Marta as I quilt my March UFO. It will be worth it...I know it will. Before I try that chore today it's time to have fun and share a couple of other quilts.
 First up...my flimsy from the Layer Cake Quilt Along is done.

Whimsy - 59 1/2 x 73 
I really enjoyed this quilt along. A block came out every two weeks which was a good pace, especially since they were all pretty simple. I'm going to quilt it with a very easy all-over wavy pattern...like waves of water. Several people commented that the colors reminded them of the beach. Right now I could really go for a nap on a warm beach...ahhh. I used Tonga Treats Coffee Cake color way of a layer cake and the Tonga Treat version of a jelly roll. The brown batik sashing was my addition from my stash...I have no memory of buying it but it sure works.

There's More!



Here's my version of Debbie Caffrey's  Rancher's Daughter. Mine is Secret Mountain Meadow. I'm definitely keeping this delectable mountain block in mind for future quilts...so easy and just wonderful looking.


Butterfly and other quilting detail of the delectable mountain blocks. 


Flowers in the meadow.


Bees a buzzing. (Debbie means little bee in Hebrew)


The backside.


It always amazes me how much dimension comes to the quilt after it's off the frame a few days. I did the double batting again...I'm pretty hooked on that now. The backing is a hand-dyed from Sew Batiks. It is a looser weave than I would like but the color is scrumptious.

 Okay...I'm a little more motivated now to tackle some more quilting.





No comments: