Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cross Stitch Corruption

In about a week I am going to be spending 12 days rafting the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. While I am looking forward to the experience...I am a princess and sleeping on the ground as a choice makes no sense to me...but I digress.

One of the participants of the trip is Claire, a 12-year-old ballerina.


I think when she sees these cross stitch ornament kits she will want to learn more about cross stitch...I'm hoping to corrupt introduce her to a lifetime hobby. Now these ornaments are not for a beginner so I have planned accordingly.


I've put together an organized project bag with two simple projects. My favorite source for sewing/craft bags are make-up bags. Often you can find them at great sale prices...much cheaper and more cute than standard craft bags.


This is my make-up bag that has served as a notions kit for years. It matches my lime green sewing machine travel case. Claire lives in California so she's not close enough to teach sewing...darn.

I am officially calling my May UFO done.


I so wanted to get an outside photo but our weather is just not cooperating.


I tried my hand at "J" hooks for feathers...love them.


Here's my favorite block. I used Puff polyester batting since I expect this to go on a guest bed someday (in the next house when the boys are gone.) so I wanted a more lofty look that non-quilters associate with comfortable quilts. I find filling small areas the greatest challenge in my quilting so I look for ways to avoid it.

3 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt and the lofty look is perfect! I used to make lofty ones years ago and have to admit they are warmer in the winter. Loved your bear photos in your earlier posts.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Another one, your WIP pile must be something gorgeous to behold!

Anonymous said...

I love the project bags - what a neat idea!!! I usually use plastic pouches for my cross stitch projects, but this is so much better.

Where did you get those? I like that they have so many compartments. Maybe easier to get in the USA than in the UK where I live tough...

Congrats for the lovely blog :)

@_diminuta