Sunday, June 5, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Wow...Sunday was Quilt Immersion Day at my house...it was a little rainy outside...it was wonderful! 
I'm thinking Monday will be short on quilting time as I play catch up. Forrest and Jenny are very upset...no walk on Sunday so today's walk will have to be extra long. (Don't tell them but they are getting baths after their walk.)


I pulled my May UFO off the quilting frame and now it is ready for binding...see that pretty mottled green batik? I love that piece of fabric! That's one of those fabrics I have trouble cutting because I don't want to run out of it but it's perfect for the binding.


Next up...June's UFO which just happens to be the companion quilt to May's UFO so I guess I'll keep that stack of fabric out.


I finally started piecing the second side of a border with delectable mountains. I put on a movie last night and cut out all the strips.  It's was great mindless work to end the day with because I spent several hours on Saturday and Sunday on the time sucking machine...the computer. I have been working on another quilt in EQ7. What a wonderful program...but I don't know if I'll every get my current design to a point where I think it's right! For a month I've been "tweeking" it and it keeps getting better. This one has lots of paper piecing but I'm very excited...when I my finished with my design I will share.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love those colors!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Lynette said...

Yes, that's very pretty fabric. :) So. . . how did you get such nice little circles in the center of your flower in the upper right of that first photo? Did you freehand them entirely, and it's just practice, or did you mark anything first? ::soaking up as much as I can while I'm learning::

Sand and Sunshine said...

Nice match, looks great, good for you kicking that UFO into a finished quilt.

Marlene @ KISSed Quilts . com said...

I have that batik too and used it for a binding! YEAH! :-) great minds think a like.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Lovely batiks! I see that you're doing Anne Sutton's Henreitta Whiskers. Me too! I think this month's is my favorite. I'm hand appliquing the blocks and I've been keeping up which amazes me. How about you?