Monday, August 29, 2011

Design Wall Monday

We are having a brief break in August showers so not much is going on in the sewing studio but the rain is due to return so I have been sitting in the sun working on my muscle memory and doodling for the many tops I have awaiting quilting.


This topper has been loaded on my quilt frame since mid June. Quilting samplers requires so many decisions! I think I have it figured out.


I'm looking forward to quilting "Snail Takes a Detour." I'm going to work on a continuous line design for the main body.


This is a disappearing nine patch that I need to make a little wider so I will be figuring out that dilemma this week. I have run out of some of the fabric...hence my dilemma.

I can't believe it's almost September. Yesterday it felt like fall was quickly approaching. I get so little done in the summer but I sure hate to see it end!

6 comments:

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Great quilts! Rainy weather is quilting weather, you know. And, it could be worse: you could be on the east coast! My friend in Woodstock VT is totally flooded out as is the whole town. They don't talk much about VT in conjunction with Irene. Take care!

Quilter Kathy said...

You are having a great time planning the quilting design! Re: D9P...could you take a 2 rows off the bottom and make another column on one side to make it wider?

Lynette said...

Neat things going on over there! Sure love the colors in the D9

Amy said...

You have some wonderful projects in the works!

Cathy said...

I love what you've come up with for the Snail Trail, and will be watching to see what you do with the samplers. I have a few of them needing quilting, and they are sitting waiting for ideas.

Vicki H. said...

I really like your design pictured. I hope you get the dillema worked out. And it is feeling like fall here too. Leaves are changing, cooler nights and the last of the warm days are here. Then next week it struggles to make the 60's....sigh summer just flew by.