Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Editing Blocks

Yesterday I decided to "edit" blocks I've been working on for a BOM from the blog, Pieceful Kwilter. First, I took the BOM from March.


and changed out the center...


Then I made Block 7...


and Block 8


I pulled out a duplicate of Block 5 in colors I didn't like with the pack...


and now I have this collection of blocks.


I am definitely going to add more purple in the remaining four months. There are setting triangles that need to go around each block and I'm really struggling with fabric selection for those but I will start auditioning choices this week. I just love samplers and the instructions for this one have been incredibly good! And the best part is they have been provided for free each month...but only for a month.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Your blocks look wonderful! I did her BOM last year, and loved it.

Joan said...

Your colours and block are fabulous - Love tham - wish I had found that BOM

Sand and Sunshine said...

Sounds like all your changes are really working out well. This is sure to be another of your quilted wonders.

Lynette said...

Thanks for linking up at BOMs Away :)

These are so pretty! Is the very center the replacement block 5? I like that better for the overall mix of colors (sure love the fabrics - aren't batiks gorgeous?) Will you make a pillow or something out of the original 5?

Judee said...

Those blocks look stunning! Love your choice of fabrics.