Monday, September 19, 2011

Design Wall Monday


I spent a little time on Sunday getting the final block for Henrietta Whiskers prepped. I still need to stitch around my wool appliques.


I'm pecking away on some binding.


Here's the pattern for the next gathering of my Breakfast Club group. That's coming up next week so I needed to figure out my fabrics. It's a strip quilt with three accent colors for the triangles.


I stayed in my comfort zone with earth colors. These two sets of Bali Pops that have been patiently waiting in the sewing studio.

But not much is going to get done on the sewing front for the next week because as we Alaskans like to say...I heading outside...to the lower 48...the contiguous states. I'm going to Atlanta for chick time. I have to wear dresses, high heels and pantyhose at least twice! Nice slacks, dressy tops...clothes I've owned for a couple of years but never worn! All the Bailey men will be keeping down the home front. Sure hope my sweet dog, Jenny, has a good time with them...she's going to miss me.

I will get some cross stitch done on the plane trips...my favorite activity for air travel.


Ever the optimist, I have two more cross stitch kits packed just in case I need them.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Hope you have a good time. Atlanta is a long way from home for you.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Congrats on finishing your last Henrietta block, looks great! Love the fabrics and pattern you will be working on soon. Enjoy your "chick" time!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I keep thinking of buying some bali pops but haven't - those sure are pretty what you have.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/