Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Festival for Quilters

I couldn't resist joining the party over at Amy's Creative Side. It's time for Bloggers' Quilt Festival. What a treat to see so many wonderful quilts. 

Welcome to my world. If you are a first time visitor I'll clue you in...I'm a batikaholic. I want to share two of the first batik quilts I started years ago...and just finished this summer. 

"Spring" - 63 x 63
Maybe this quilt looks a little familiar. It was a Moda U pattern from 2006-2007.  I finished the top in 2007 but it has been patiently waiting for quilting...and thanks to the 2011 UFO Challenge hosted by Judy at Patchwork Times...it finally happened.  


Here's a peak at the backside for a better look at the quilting.

These batiks are from Holly Taylor of Moda and I had enough left to start a second Moda U quilt, Selvages, in 2008. Kind of like potato chips...one was not enough.

"Spring's Return" -  84 x 98
Time for me to get back to looking at all the quilts on display at the Bloggers' Quilt Festival ...glad you stopped by for a visit.

16 comments:

Cathy said...

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful, both of them. I love seeing the fabrics in your quilts. You always seem to find the best fabrics for the quilts you do.

mennikelly said...

The quilting is gorgeous. We had a Bernese when I was growing up. I think that is still the type of dog I would want to get if we ever get a dog.

Anonymous said...

I love your quilt!

Margaret
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com
msolomo1@maine.rr.com

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the colors!
Karen

Myra said...

Very nice! Great colors too! 8-)

Sand and Sunshine said...

Lovely! The front is wonderful, and the back is divine.

kellsgal said...

Hi Debbie, I love the quilting on this one. I love visiting your blog. It helps me still feel connected. I sure do miss all my friends and Eagle River. Hugs, Melody

Editfolt said...

Greetings from Hungary. I love your quilt. The colors are beautiful. Beautiful stapling.

Frances Leate said...

Lovely quilt and a great colour scheme. Happy stitching.

Sandra said...

Glad you got "challenged" to finish it, definitely need to get done after all that lovely work on the top. Great quilt.
Come see my entries #29 miniature applique reproduction and #31 antique 1850 Bethlehem Star.

Eileen said...

Oh, so lovely. Those are definitely my colors and i too love batiks!! What a great job you've done and the quilting is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing and have a great day

Sabine said...

This is a lovely quilt. The colours are fantastic. I am a batiks lover, too, but alas also a hoarder. Maybe this will inspire me to finally dig into my stash. Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

I can see why you love batiks so much. The colours in these fabrics are gorgeous. i love what you have done with both quilts. They look stunning.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your quilt is beautiful! Wonderful colours and use of batiks. Springs Return is such a perfect name.

Shari said...

Two very lovely quilts! Fresh colours - these would work very well as Christmas quilts in our hot Australian sun! Love how you did the backing.

Molly said...

Love these colors! This quilt is so pretty and LARGE! I've never made one that big .... I'm impressed!