Monday, January 23, 2012

Design Wall Monday

The first month of 2012 is almost over...eek! The good news is that also means it is almost time to meet up with my quilting friends on Thursday. This month we are making another Kim Brackett quilt, "Island Chain," from her second book, "Scrap-Basket Surprises." 


This is one of my favorite quilts from the book so I'm excited to make this and it looks like some pretty simple construction. The colorway in the book is lovely but I need to pull from my stash and perhaps brighten up my world. 


Not a bad start! The top fabric piece will be the borders. I've pulled a light blue for the background and rummaged through the strip bin to gather these strips...still need to pull about 19 more strips which will mean cutting...I was really hoping to avoid that.

I thought I was going to get somewhere on the Scrappy Dresdan Plate challenge from Bunny Hill Designs...after a few hours of pressing I had a lovely box of petals...


But I'm short...I need 240 and I've got 156. More cutting...hmmm...bet I can tackle two birds with one stone...looks like several colors would be perfect for both projects. 

5 comments:

Cathy said...

The colours and fabrics for both of those projects are lovely.

Editfolt said...

Beautiful fabrics.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lots of beautiful fabric.
Karen

Heather said...

Oooh, love those beautiful batiks! That's going to be gorgeous! :o)

Sand and Sunshine said...

I remember the cutting with my own dresden blade, aren't they wonderful as those pretty little blades? I got really good at knowing how wide a piece of fabric needed to be for cutting blades from. (7" for my template)

Hopefully your cutting will go quickly.