Friday, February 3, 2012

Mardi Gras Bunco

It's Bunco night! It is snowing like crazy...we've gotten at least a foot and it's still coming down strong! It's mostly neighborhood ladies who attend so hopefully most of the gang will make it. One thing is for sure...those of us who do make it will have lots to eat. We have a Mardi Gras theme tonight and I was asked to bring a King Cake...never heard of it...but the internet will tell you everything!


Can't wait to slice into it. Instead of a true cake consistency, it is a jelly roll with cream cheese filling. I just hate not being able to taste it ahead of time when it's a new recipe to me. Of course the frosting was perfect! 

Not much sewing this week...paperwork and cleaning...double yuck.
We did a walk through with our real estate agent to go over what needs to be done to our current home before we put it on the market. Looks like next week I will be doing some painting...then cleaning...cleaning...and more cleaning. I will miss my sewing time! But this too shall pass and I will turn to day dreaming about the perfect sewing studio whenever I'm missing my fabric. 

2 comments:

Baker_ia said...

Ok I am in a quandry how do you roll up a jelly roll cake and get it to come out round like a donut.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Oh it sounds wonderful. Thankfully I've been planning to make Pumpkin Spice cookies with cream cheese icing so that should kick down any cravings you've stirred up. Hopefully you had a great time and it taste wonderful.