Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bring on the Fun

Last week was miserable. I had my cold for the winter season and it was whopper. We've been very busy at the  building site so no sewing got done last week. By Friday evening I had a meltdown...that's what happens when you go without Jazzercise and quilting during a stressful week.

Saturday morning I woke up in a drugged stupor and realized the cold medicines were harder on me than the cold! I "dried out" and spent the day at home...I love staying home.

And just to ensure a perfect day...I baked chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cookies. I walked the dogs but had to take them separately as there are too many distractions when we walk on the weekends. While I was walking Jenny I left Tonka at home...alone...he had already gotten his walk.

When I got home I found all but six of the chocolate chip cookies gone.


Does he look a little chubby to you? 

After that it was time to pop "P & P," into the DVD. (Pride and Prejudice, A&E  version with Colin Firth!) By the time Mr. Darcy and Lizzy were married I had finished putting all the blocks and rows together on Sweet Peas in the Meadow.


I probably won't be around much during the coming week...I get to start grouting.

5 comments:

carol fun said...

Glad you found some time to sew - it really does make a body feel better doesn't it? As for Tonka - he doesn't look chubby but he sure looks happy! Fresh baked cookies - yum! LOL!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Sounds like your last week was like mine! Thank goodness I was able to get some cross stitching in AND bought a stack of fat quarters, sigh....now happy :-) I hope your cold ends quickly!

eva said...

Tonka says:
i don't look chubby..... i looked "chipper" ...get it mom.....

xo
eva

Ivory Spring said...

That's so beautiful! The P&P with Colin Firth is the ONLY P&P there is.... ;)

Sand and Sunshine said...

Oh wow what a week and a way to come out of it hopefully Tonka's tummy is okay for his prowling!

The quilt came together just perfectly, I liked seeing it on your design wall as that's not how the blocks I would have guessed to come together.