Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Still Working Here


Still sorting my stash for the big sale tomorrow.


Hoping to get this pile ready by the morning. I still have lots I would like to send to a new home but it's getting a little overwhelming! It feels great though because these are mostly fabrics I've had for over 10 years....really! I hope someone else will get them put into beautiful quilts.

I haven't had time to work at the new house but progress has been made without me.


The great room fireplace got the wood trim.


The dining room side of the fireplace got the slate tile added...some of the tiles have fossil ferns...so fun!


The wood flooring is going in now...I think it looks even better than I imagined. See those lights underneath the stairs? That's the stairway to heaven...the sewing studio is in the daylight basement.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a "daylight basement" I haven't heard that term - it sounds nice - love the fireplace, good luck on the sale.
Karen

Cathy said...

OH WOW!!!! That fireplace is STUNNING!! What a fabulous place to live! Are you going to have the special lights in your house that mimic daylight? I imagine the long winter dark days must be rough, and you'd need lots of good lighting.

Sand and Sunshine said...

The fireplace and stairs are stunning. Though the daylight basement for your sewing studio sounds simply charming.