Thursday, February 14, 2013

This Week

My Valentine gave me the most beautiful flowers I have ever received...


We had a French lesson yesterday morning and we have another lesson today. Wednesday I went to the market and tried my French...apparently I had my "tense" for the verb wrong. I gave the locals a little chuckle. It certainly is a great way to learn!

I have spent time bonding with my Bernina.


This kit is sew fun!

I worked on another video yesterday...showing how to do hair on Dorothy for the "Christmas in Oz," stocking.


It is tough to "self edit!" My first go at the video is much too long.

I got a great email from a quilter in Northern France letting me know there is an exposition of fiber arts that includes contemporary quilts...and the location is pretty darn close to our apartment. I'll probably go on Sunday. Hubby has suggested a trip to IKEA on Saturday. I jumped at the suggestion. Did you know they sell fabric there? And cute little sewing machines?

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun at the quilt show and no I never heard of IKEA selling fabric and sewing machines - maybe it depends on the store? I have never even looked them up on line, we have no IKEA near us.

Lynette said...

Wow - that project is gorgeous.

Donna quilts said...

Discovered your blog recently and am really enjoying it. I know that IKEA sells really great cotton fabric - but I didn't know about the sewing machines. Have a great time - it sounds like it's shaping up to be a great weekend.