Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Iditarod...Without Me!

My thoughts have turned to Alaska...the 2013 Iditarod started Sunday. Here's a photo of just one of the hazards dog teams face...


A big part of the support system for the Iditarod is the pilots who fly the supplies to all the check points. This plane has a pretty special paint job...and that's the only reason I am putting a picture of an airplane on my blog. (With three pilots in the family I get a little tired of "plane talk.")


This is definitely what I miss about Alaska...her beauty.

3 comments:

homeschoolmommy said...

I'm right there with you. I always miss Alaska at this time of year. It was always so fun to go down and watch the start of the race.

Calicojoan said...

My son moved home last year, and I sure do miss my 3, month long stays (one was Iditarod month) too.
What a gorgeous state.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

how beautiful - I would miss it