Thursday, June 20, 2013

Batiki Argyle Accomplished

Our wonderful weather continues!!! There is no where else I would rather be right now.


Not exactly good quilting weather...and that is not a complaint! I have my second quilt finish for the summer.

Batiki Argyle
70 1/2 x 81 1/2


This quilt will be going to a new home this weekend.


I used two layers of Hobbs Heirloom cotton batting. It has been washed. I used some precut fabrics in this quilt and batiks have lots of yucky chemicals in them so I always wash them before gifting.


More handwork...an embroidered label. First time I've made one with embroidery...this is a keeper technique. 


I need to learn how to photoshop this moose into my quilt photos! She was hanging out at the mailbox this morning...I think she is a yearling who got kicked out of mom's circle this summer.


The mama moose walked by my studio window yesterday...at first all I saw was a huge brown hide and I thought it was a grizzly bear. It scared me pretty good!  But then she moved and I saw one of her babies. There is only one baby now...and a bear with a full belly.

Batiki Argyle is a free pattern on my blog. Look on the top right for the link. If you have trouble downloading send me a comment and I will email you a PDF file.

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

everything always looks so pretty - did you get the hot weather the other day that they news reported about - said Alaska was hotter than the lower 48 in places.
2 layers of batting for extra warmth?
That would be startling I bet to look up and see a brown hide by the window! Lovely quilt and love the setting you choose to photograph it in.

Donna quilts said...

What a beautiful setting for photographing your quilt! It turned out lovely. Someone is very lucky to get it. I'm so glad you share the photos of the wildlife and beautiful scenery around your home.

Kathy Schwartz said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! Love the pictures in the woods!

Béa said...

Wonderful quilt & photos !

Smultronbo said...

What a beautiful quilt. I love the pattern and the squareblocks around too. Very inspireing. Thanks for sharing.

mlcquilts said...

Your quilt and scenery is beautiful. I also like the moose.