Monday, October 28, 2013

Batiki Argyle

Welcome to my quilting world. Here is my entry in Amy's Creative Side Blogger's Quilt Festival - Quilt Photography category, an original design by me, Batiki Argyle.

Batiki Argyle - 70 x 81

This quilt started out as a simple disappearing four patch but I always seem to have a need to make a project a little more challenging.


I also often find myself thinking of ways to "connect" blocks together. A few hours spent on EQ7 led to this design. This pattern is free on my blog...just look to the top right corner for my free patterns. So far I just have one but I do hope to add more soon.


I quilted Batiki Argyle on my Nolting Fun Quilter. I used double batting to enhance the quilt design and give it a heavier weight. For years I have been doubling up on quilts to keep warm in my home...after all I do live in Alaska. After reading about other quilters doubling their batting, I tried it and have pretty much been hooked since then. 

This quilt was given to a man who has been a wonderful mentor to my 19-year-old son. For the first time I hand-embroidered the label. I loved the result and will probably do this again when I gift a quilt.


Thanks for spending time with me today.

16 comments:

Cathy said...

That is a beautiful quilt, and the photography with it is fabulous. What a striking setting for this quilt, both the piecing and location.

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Lovely quilt and the perfect shot to show it off!

Lonci said...

That's an amazing desing and lovely work, i love this:)))

Queenie Believe said...

Beautiful quilt and lovely setting for the photos.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Lisa E said...

Great design. Thank you for sharing the pattern. The setting for your quilt is just lovely. Very inspiring.

CitricSugar said...

Lovely - gorgeous setting for your photos!

audrey said...

Great quilt! Love the border. It really adds to the quilt.:)

Robin said...

Such a beautiful quilt! The design is striking. You truly found the perfect setting in which to photograph it. :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love it! love how the quilt looks and love it draped over the logs

Lynette said...

This one is so pretty - the colors are just perfect together. I always love your quilts. :)

Janine said...

This is a lovely quilt. It's not too often you see a truly masculine quit design. I love Alaska!

sonia said...

Amazinbg quilt. Love the pattern and the colours.

Karen L. said...

I have really liked this quilt from the first time I saw in on your blog. However, the first photo in this post has finally pushed me to print out your free pattern (and thank you so much for that!) so that in the near future, I can make it. It looks like the kind of quilt that would be a great gift for anyone but especially for a male. It's just so earthy looking especially in your nature photos. Thanks for this!

Martine Kuciel said...

Superbe couleurs automnales bezlle réalisation

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Simply lovey.

Sharon said...

What a gorgeous quilt! Fascinating design and beautiful fabrics. I love your photos of the quilt too! The setting just really compliments the quilt.

And thank you for the free pattern! That is so generous of you!