Sunday, March 9, 2014

Can't Get Enough of Spring

First...Thank You to everyone who took the time to let me know about the manufacturing problems with Lite Steam a Seam 2. Karen of Quilts...etc. has a link to an article about all the details. I am amazed this has been going on for so long and sure hope it all works out soon. 


The weather has been spectacular the past few days. Last week many bulbs were getting ready to bloom...


This week they opened.


I wish I could naturalize bulbs like this in Alaska...I've never had any luck with that!

Here are some crocus...they are about done with their run this season.


These are all photos from the Luxembourg Palace gardens...


lots of people to share the green space on a pretty day.

Many of the green lawns are off limits. When a space is free for foot traffic...it gets full when the sun is out.


Stitching away on the Christmas felt banner.


It looks like I will be going to Bali in late May. I'm going with a non-quilting friend but I know she will be happy to do some batik fabric shopping. We are trying to research everything that we are going to try and do. I think we will be there for at least a week...maybe a little longer! On the way we will spend a few days in Hong Kong. I am very excited...a trip to Bali has been on my bucket list since I was tricked into that "not-a-vacation" rafting trip through the Grand Canyon three years ago.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

LOL - you didn't like your rafting trip? Bali sounds great and Bonnie Hunter from Quiltville went there last year or the year before and toured some of the batik places - she might have info on her blog about it. It seems I remember her saying the fabric was really inexpensive and came home with some?

kellsgal said...

I know you are excited about your trip. I bet you find some beautiful batiks. I can't wait to hear all about it. for the beautiful spring pictures. We still had a lot of winter weather here in Arkansas last week. Today is nice though.

Cocopatch said...

Bali! great!!! The sun make me feel happy too.