Thursday, May 29, 2014

Bali - Ubud

We are staying in a compound with four or five separate villas. Our villa has two bedrooms, two baths, a full kitchen and living/dining area. The front of the villa has large moving window walls that open to a view of rice fields. It is peaceful and quiet here.


The pool is five feet from our front door and usually we don't have to share it with anyone else.


Lots of space to spread out inside the villa.


Here is my room...mosquito netting around the bed and I do use it...no air-conditioning but good ceiling fans. It is a very comfortable bed with great firm pillows...I detest mushy pillows!


Breakfast is cooked in our villa every morning by the staff. The first morning we had banana crepes, an omelet and fresh fruit. Absolutely delicious. And they cleaned up the kitchen afterwards too!


This is Trixie...she lives here...coming and going around to all the villas.


Bali is close to the equator. It is hot and humid but this Alaska girl is handling it fairly well, There are bugs and geckos and lots of lush vegetation. It reminds me of Hawaii...only less developed and poor.

I am having a hard time keeping up with blogging...or anything on the computer but that surely means I am too busy having fun! 

3 comments:

Donna quilts said...

It sounds lovely (apart from the heat and humidity of course)! It looks so peaceful - a good place to relax. Having someone cook and cleanup would be a treat to me. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Bali is my favourite place in the world! Lots of beautiful batik in Denpasar. Unbelievable prices & beautiful quality.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

are you with friends or family? looks like a delightful place to be and have someone cook for you is a double plus in my book!! Are you going to look at any of the batik fabric places - I heard you can pick up fabric there very cheap!