Thursday, September 25, 2014

Quilting While Packing

I think I am a bit distracted.
 I have been finishing up the borders on my last quilting project. Somehow I misread the instructions and have cut enough pieces to make three borders. The first inner border went fine. It is the second pieced one that I over achieved.


I was planning to end with the focus fabric from the center of all the stars. I guess my subconscious just knew I couldn't end with a simple band of fabric! Stay tuned for my lemons turned to lemonade solution!

Great news...I just looked at my actual plane ticket and I have one more day in Alaska than I thought. The weather has been spectacular. So hard to leave when it is so pretty here. If there were snow on the ground it would be easier.

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it sounds like you just do not want to go this year! don't you hate it when mistakes are made - but I'm sure you will come up with a solution -- and I hope you have a very good flight to Paris.

Donna quilts said...

It is such a pretty time of the year especially if the sun is shining and it's not grey and cold! Your big sky quilt is looking so good. I know you'll get the borders worked out and looking great. Have a safe trip to Paris!