Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Stitching Day

Day two of my current Bucilla stocking kit. More outline stitching...this time with black floss. A little bit of satin stitching for the bowling ball holes.


I worked on another letter for my wall hanging...slept on it and still hated the final result this morning! Night time lighting was the problem. There were just parts of it I didn't like. I ripped it out and started again.


My second shot was much better. I will finish the rest of the "S" tonight and be on track for a letter everyday this week. It's a good thing.


On Monday during my fitness walk I was deep in thought on quilting designs. I have a flower quilt I want to design using 2  1/2-inch strips. I have the fabric...but no pattern. The first five minutes of my walk I spotted this on a neighborhood building.


See the flowers? That was it. It kept my mind busy during my walk to ponder just how I would accomplish this block with 2  1/2-inch strips. I was too busy with chores to sit down at EQ7 until this morning and here is what I came up with. 

Paris Flower Block                          ...andsewforth 2014
Haven't figured out the rest of the quilt yet...maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Love your flower block. Can't wait to see what else you do with it