Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Shopping, Eating and Sewing

Internet issues kept me from blogging yesterday but we did venture out to a Parisian Mall, Beaugrenelle. It is the low structure in the foreground with a connecting walkway across the street. As you can see there are high-rise buildings creeping up on us...getting on the outskirts of  "old Paris."


I was standing on a bridge crossing the Seine when I took the first three photos on today's post. We were still within walking distance of the Eiffel Tower.


See the mini Statue of Liberty? The little electric car on the street is one you can rent...right off the street!


From inside the mall at Chipotle's Mexican Grill. I got the huge whole wheat burrito filled with rice, black beans, grilled peppers and onions, shredded beef, pico de gallo, green salsa and guacamole. It was delicious...I'm going back...soon.


We took the metro to the mall and then walked back to the apartment. I do like that part of city life...walking after I eat.

I am playing around in my sewing room with scraps...
a little embroidery...


...and 2 1/2 squares that I sewed together around the outside edges and cross-cut diagonally to make four half-square triangles. The finished size of each block...1 7/8"...teenie


Oh...and dinner last night! It is related to my visit to Christelle's home in Rambouillet. When I was there we had lunch at Le Savoyard...


specializing in traditional tartiflettes...kind of like an au gratin potato dish with ham.


fondues...mine had fresh herbs and tomatoes in it.


and raclettes...or table top  cooking. This tray of meats and cheeses was accompanied by a tabletop broiler and a bowl of steaming hot boiled potatoes. You melt the cheese in cute little pans, pour the cheese over a bit of mashed potato. Meats on the side to enhance your dining experience. 


It makes me feel very much like I should pull out some bell-bottomed jeans and psychedelic shirts. I loved it because it was all about the cheese! It so happened that Christelle's daughter had a raclette I could borrow...so I did! You can buy all the cheeses prepackaged for raclettes. I also picked a prepacked selections of hams from Spain. The only prep was boiling the potatoes.


Our borrowed electric broiler...I also added some leftover sauteed veggies and slices of bread with garlic butter. Yum! 


In minutes we had good eats.


One of may favorite meals is stuffed baked potato and salad...I would call this a great Swiss version of that meal. I just might have to get me one of these little tabletop broilers.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is neat, haven't seen that kind of broiler.

audrey said...

How fun! You are making me very hungry.:) Merry Christmas!!

Karen L. said...

Just catching up on reading through your blog. The food photos are making me very hungry!!! Looks good! I love your Northwoods Santas. Might have to think about doing them myself. Wondered how many of them there are in the series? You have done a great job on all.