Saturday, December 13, 2014

Yippee...Flimsy Finish

I need a tropical setting with bright sunshine to really show this flimsy at its best...a rainy day in Paris just doesn't do it justice. The colors are totally out of wack in these photos. But it is officially in the, "to be quilted queue."


106" squared...another big quilt!!! I just can't help it. I love the corner where the flower border blocks meet. I have several pieces of floral batiks in Alaska that I would like to play around with in this design. I really think the outside flower blocks in the border might look better in a smaller size...just my initial thought looking at the completed top.


I had hubby throw a bottle of champagne in the frig yesterday...just in case we need to celebrate this finish. I certainly don't want to go outside in this rainy weather.

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great looking quilt - love those colors

Cathy said...

It's gorgeous. Love that border!