Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Site Seeing

I finally climbed all the stairs to the top of the Arc de Triomphe. Gorgeous views. Not too crowded. Just one of the six spokes that comes off the round about from the arc. This street leads to the business district, La Défense with its square La Grande Arche. 


When we walked down to the street level, we found ourselves in the middle of a small ceremony at the memorial flame for the World War I Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.


Just one of several spectacular sculptures on the arc, La Résistance de 1814.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so many wonderful treasures to see in Paris and you probably haven't seen even half of them still. Whereas I wouldn't mind city living for a short while I don't know if I could do it as long as you have- are you ready to be back in Alaska among the wildlife and the trees.