Saturday, January 2, 2016

The Start of a New Year

Happy New Year!

So...I am starting my new year a day behind schedule. I wanted to get a new look to my blog on the first day of 2016 but it takes a whole lot of time to create a new banner. It was also time to officially claim my status as a full time Alaskan. No more living anywhere else in the world.

Christmas decorations are still up in my house. I will start to take the tree down tomorrow. In the meantime, I am also trying to finish a few Christmas decorations so they can officially be put away with everything else.

Over the holidays I did manage to get the linings to these six stockings sewn in place.


I made it Breakfast Club last week. We are tackling a mystery. There is a lot of cutting in this pattern so all along we planned to start construction at our next meeting which will be January 28th. I was one of the few to finish all my cutting. As homework we were given the first sewing step...I finished adding background corners to 72 rectangles...can't wait for the rest! I really wanted to try and do Bonnie Hunter's annual mystery but I just don't know how anyone finds the time in the thick of the holiday season. Sure is a gorgeous quilt...as usual!


I have found some time to start sewing my blocks and rows together from our November Breakfast Club. It's all going together very nicely...going to be a gorgeous one!


I'm using my numbered pins I bought at the Paducah quilt show last spring. I've got 20 rows so it worked out nicely.


Kinley just left for her retriever school today so I should really be able to get a lot projects done in the next two months. Two big cabinets have been made by our handyman and he is delivering them on Monday. Those will be on the top of my to-do-list...I have to stain them.

And I have to toot my horn a little...my only fitness goal during the holiday season was not to gain any weight...I stepped on the scales this morning and I met that goal. A great way to start the new year. I would like to lose a few pounds in the coming months...still a bit of French bread and cheese to get rid of that's hanging out in my belly!

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

happy new year to you Debbie - love the new header. I can never do a mystery quilt until it is no longer a mystery - I just have to see it in order to pick out the right fabric. Good luck on yours. I bet you will miss your dog while he is out training but enjoy the quite time while you have it.

CecileD said...

Happy new year Debbie !
I love a lot your new banner ! Great work !
How is it without the funny Kinley ? Don't be sad...she will learn lots of things and will be proud to show them to you ! Good luck.....
Xoxo

Kathy Schwartz said...

Happy New Year Debbie! The new banner looks great and I look forward to seeing all that you make in 2016!

Sally said...

Happy New Year, Debbie. I'm with you on the goals for the year...more productive is all I want to be in 2016....and not gain any more weight. Thanks for sharing you life with us here in the lower 48....

Cathy said...

I love the new blog look! And it’s wonderful that you’ll be full time now in your new home in Alaska. I love seeing the pictures you post, especially the ones with the animals that come to visit you, sometimes a little too closely! ! I’m with you on wanting to be more productive this year. I’m hoping to get my backlog of my own quilts waiting to be quilted up at least partially cleared.

Donna quilts said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! Your new blog look is great and I'm looking forward to reading your posts again this year and seeing all your wonderful projects.

Cocopatch said...

Happy new year Debbie!!! love your new banner's blog!