Friday, July 22, 2016

Kitty in the Sewing Room

Our new kitten, Eli, has been settling into his big Alaskan life pretty well. So far he has spent most of his time in my sewing room...mainly because he has been having a little bit if diarrhea. My sewing room has tile floors that are pretty easy to clean when a kitten's paws might have a some icky stuff on them. It's a great excuse for me to be stuck in my sewing room.


And I have even managed to do a little quilting. I think it has been three months since I touched my midarm. I'm happy to be getting into the groove again.


Everyday, Eli gets a bit more relaxed. A quick snooze on the floor while our dog, Kinley was upstairs. Sometimes I think Kinley is acting like a mom and licks Eli...cleaning him up. Sometimes Kinley relentlessly chases Eli around the house.


Breakfast Club is next Thursday. Not sure if I am going to make it but I like the pattern they are making so I went ahead and started my version. It's a strip pattern.


The pattern is from Kim Brackett's book, "Scrap Basket Beauties." I know I am going to make some changes to the layout and the border...I just can't resist "exploring." The block is cute and super quick to put together. No matching points to worry about!


As you can see...Eli occasionally asserts himself...poor Kinley...all she wants to do is play! 

6 comments:

CecileD said...

Hello Eli and welcome !
Apparently she loves to quilt with her new Mom ! :))))
She is so sweet !
I hope Kinley is not jealous. ...

Donna quilts said...

OMG Eli is so cute! He and Kinley will sort themselves out and become buddies. I recently purchased the Scrap Basket Beauties book when I saw the beach bungalow pattern that you made with batiks. Still haven't made it though! Bloom is another pretty one.

Sally said...

Gosh, Eli is a cutie...Welcome, Eli! Love seeing what you do with that midarm...thanks for sharing.

CecileD said...

Oh i'm sorry Deb, I didn't realize that Eli was a guy !
So, he loves to quilt and he is so sweet !

mlcquilts said...

Welcome to Eli. I enjoy your post with them. I'm sure they will keep you amused.
Mary

carol fun said...

Eli is a cutie! I LOVE your take on that Kim Brackett pattern... the dark background makes the flowers glow!